About what? Well about my most recent adventure, Backpacking the back side of Timp (short for I don't know how to spell the full name of the mountain.) I've had a lot of little adventures in the last few weeks. I'll get to those soon including Seattle, but for now, this is fresh on my mind and the photos are close so... BE EXCITED!
WHAT WENT WRONG
1. Timpanookee trail head was closed. The one trail head Nate was familiar with. And apparently Shelby is a Jerk.
2. Followed Tennesseans with snowboards strapped to their packs.
3. Realized 1.5 hours in that Tennesseans only knew how to get to the summit via Timpanookie trail head, not Aspen Grove Trail.
4. Followed Tennesseans up a trail clearly not a trail looking for the trail.
5. Almost lost my life on trail clearly not a trail.
6. Finished our 3 hour warm up pre-hike at 11:30 pm.
7. Summit-ed at 4:00 am after hiking (including pre-hike hike) 7 hours. 3.5 hours past our ETA
8. So completely soaked through with sweat that I had to take everything wet off. Shivered myself to sleep.
9. Inadvertently left my extra dry t-shirt in the trunk.
10. 10% chance of rain = downpour at 5:20 am after only 1 hour of sleep.
Don't let the smile fool you, it was Capital "C" COLD!
2. I experienced Melissa and my new friend Andrea's first backpacking trips ever. Even though Andrea only went on the pre-hike with us, she was sure a champ.
3. My new friend Andrea pegged me for 24 years old, and according to her 19 year old self she has the wisdom of a 30 year old. Or maybe it was my childishness in front of the camera.
4. Prayers were answered, after complete exhaustion Missy made it to the top, she doesn't know how she physically did it, but she did! We both really know how she made it. Heavenly Father LOOOOOOOVES HER!5.We weren't struck by lightening, sometimes I thought it may be close. But we live!
6. The shelter. Saved ours and about 60 others soaked little skins.
7. The view, right, ooh so right!