Sunday, June 9, 2013

It's My Life Episode 5: What's in a Name?


I have 8 nieces and nephews.  Each of them comes in a tiny body packed with light and opportunity, their spirits are strong and their faces glow.  I love them all for different reasons. 

Recently my second little niece was born, her name is Brooklyn.  Her middle name is Kaye.  Kaye is also my middle name, biggest complement anyone could ever give me.  I feel the pressure to be better, brighter, happier, BETTER because of her. 

Brookie was blessed last week, there were tears, tears of incredible joy for such a sweet potential packed little one. There were tears of submission, submission of my desire for promised blessing.  There were also tears of  compensation, knowing the Lord would someday give me the desires of my heart, but in the meantime this sweet little girl was filling that void along with 7 other little people.  These moments make me realize...Happiness is the Plan.  It is.

7 comments:

Melissa & Jimmy said...

Oh Wen, you are always so inspiring! Love you to pieces.

Melissa said...

I love this post, it's beautiful. And so are you. Even when teary.

Saddie said...

Oh goodness! She's beautiful! Just like her favorite Auntie. Congrats Wen!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

she's lucky to be named after such a wonderful woman!!! you're a great example to me and i love you lots!! what beautiful pictures!!!

Gerbers said...

I love this Wen! I think you are pretty awesome too... Of course they would want to name her after you! :) I honestly love the teary picture. You are real and I love that you admit it every once in a while.
-Anita

Jenaya said...

Congrats again, Auntie! And as always, thank you for your beautiful thoughts put so eloquently into words.

Jenaya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.